WAKE UP your Shoulder Stabilizers with this 4 moves.
1. Incline Cuban Press
The incline Cuban press is easily one of my favorite exercises for building the upper back and keeping the shoulders healthy. It can be great as a warm-up exercise or an accessory exercise during your workout.
These will end up hitting the rear delts, traps, rhomboids, and external rotators of the shoulder. All of these are key if you’re trying to maintain pain-free shoulders during your lifting/athletic career.
You’ll want to set up on a bench at a low incline with your arms hanging and palms facing down. There are three main actions from here; row, rotate and press.
- ROW so your elbows are flared out at shoulder height and your elbows are bent at 90 degrees. Think about pinching your shoulder blades together.
- Externally ROTATE at your shoulder so your arms are now parallel with your torso. Turn your palms toward each other at the same time so your thumbs are facing up.
- PRESS out overhead until your arms are straight. Make sure they’re on the same plane as your body, not the floor.
START WITH NO WEIGHT. If you do these correctly with a nice, controlled pace, you WILL feel it. This is especially true if you’ve never done them before. After some time, go ahead and grab a pair of 2.5 lb plates.
- 1-4 Sets (1 or 2 during a warm-up)
- 8-12 Reps (slow & controlled)
- 1 Min Rest
2. Plank Mini Bands Shoulder Waves
Using a LIGHT mini loop resistance band you can cue your rotator cuff muscles in a 4 point position -before you proceed to more challenging movements
- Mini Waves Form always wins over the number of reps
Make sure to stick to 4-8 reps for a start
Let us know if you try this one and how you felt afterward 🧘🏻♀️
Get the mini- bands here: https://physiotherapytool.com/products/procircle-resistance-mini-band-set